G.K. Chesterton: “Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.” (Orthodoxy)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Define: Nail Filler

I’ve held down a host of odd jobs in my life. I started out as a nail filler for my dad’s construction company. I’m a first rate nail hole filler. Maybe if I would put that on my resume I could have gotten a real job instead of a part time admin-assistant-barista. A nail filler is someone who is going somewhere.

At one point I worked for a radio station.
"You are listening the Voice of the Valley this is Kettie and the temperature outside is 66 degrees."

I had a short stint as a waitress at Bob Evan's where this one lady insisted on calling me "Kitty" and would yodel (I'm not even kidding here) "here kitty, kitty" when she needed something. After sitting there for 8 hours she would leave me a dollar.

At another point in my life I had a herd of pygmy goats. Why pygmy goats? They were stubborn, ate everything in sight and never did any cool tricks.

They list could continue but I've revealed enough of my secrets today. Tune in again!

No comments:

Post a Comment