G.K. Chesterton: “Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.” (Orthodoxy)

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

An Exaggeration

Reflection of the day

Mild confession. I hate tunnels. They always make me think of zombies and when I'm forced to stop in them I usually imagine green slime coming out of the the walls. Not to mention the reflectors on the sides make me feel like I'm in some sort of video game where I'm loosing terribly (which if you've ever seen me play video games that pretty much the norm). But anyhow back to the original thought: I hate tunnels and what makes them even worse is when a GIANT, fire-breathing (ok, so it wasn't actually breathing fire...just diesel smoke...still gross) semi-truck floors it into the tunnel and then gets stuck by your station wagon causing you to literally quake in fear. Read that again "quake in fear" (I'm gonna bold that in case you may miss it)!

Also, I promised myself I would ride the bus today but I got scared and chickened out. To make up for not riding the bus I climbed the rock wall (literally a rock wall...no we do not have one of those climbing walls with the plastic rocks in our backyard...we do have a clothes line but I can't imagine that its really all that interesting) and got to the top and looked around and it was the time of my life (OK another exaggeration...but what's a good story without some?). Actually it wasn't the time of my life (confession) but it was nice. I liked the rocks up there...they were very interesting. But when a ant grabbed onto my thumb with a surprisingly good grip for an ant I decided to go back down the hill to my home. Every girl has her limits and mine was a fierce ant called Charlie (I don't actually know his name and its probably something I can't pronounce anyways because it's in ant language which I do not happen to know).

Also, the cat has come up with a new game where he hides around a corner and then randomly leaps in my direction. I do not think he will become a fierce hunter but may have a shot at the cat Olympics. Does anyone want/need a pint size Olympic jumping cat? He is very, very cute and needs a home and on the smallish side (very small but fierce!).

I need to go pack a lunch so I'm energized for 20 K-1st graders tomorrow. I'm going to teach them how to wash their hands and then scramble eggs. In that order.

I'm going to start keeping a tally of how many days my car stays intact and not in-need of repair (like how they have those ____number of days this place has been accident free in restaurants/etc...) SO:

0 number of days since Fit Phineas (my vehicle) has been fit Reason: Rear driver's side door panel fell partially off today.

And those dear readers are my imperfect reflections on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment