G.K. Chesterton: “Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.” (Orthodoxy)

Sunday, October 2, 2011

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." -Mark Twain

There is just something that I just love about a cold Sunday afternoon, a fuzzy blanket and a host of new folk music on Folk Alley. (http://www.folkalley.com/music/freshcuts/) Currently the song "Police Dog Blues" is playing by Hugh Laurie who happens to be the guy that plays Gregory House on the TV show House. I love little things like that. So in that same vein of thought here are some other things I love in no particular order: 1. Big, beautiful crashing thunderstorms on a warm August night. 2. My three sister's updates on life (pictures, emails, cards, and phone calls). They are simply amazing girls. I'm continually amazed that I get to be their big sister. 3. Warm coffee and Popsicles in the mornings (or to be honest with you anytime!). 4. Cards, notes, messages sent by pigeons or smoke signals, texts, Facebook messages/comments and writing in the sand from friends. I'm a lover of the written word and those words are 10 times sweeter when sent from friends. 5. Bright colors and earth tones. (Ironic, isn't?) 6. Cool finds at flea markets, thrift stores and others people's homes... 7. I adore thin, precise, black pens with dark ink. 8. Quiet mornings. (But I hate waking up for them!) 9. Dresses that cinch at the waist that can be dressed up or dressed down. 10. Design blogs, design books, other peoples art, murals downtown, bits of junk remade, creative uses for everyday objects... 11. Pictures of friends and family 12. Pearls and diamonds (no need to be real!) 13. Giving a good gift 14. The smell and glow of candles burning 15. Lists! (Anyone ever heard of the book Lists to Live By ? If you're a "lister" you need a copy...or head over to a http://www.esquire.com/blogs/lists/ a blog of lists!) 16. Polka dots and Polka dancing 17. Books...enough said. 18. Dance parties! 19. Talking to cashiers at Wal-Mart 20. This big, beautiful, messy, chaotic world that I'm livin' in! I think that is enough for one afternoon's endeavors. I'm off to plug in my electric blanket...I've missed that guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment