G.K. Chesterton: “Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.” (Orthodoxy)

Monday, October 3, 2011

Maybe I am crazy.

Today I checked something off my bucket list: -Stop all inbound traffic on 376 East (toward Pittsburgh) during rush hour. Yes, you read that right. I blew a tire out on the far lane of the highway today and it took 3 Pendot trucks, one cop, one AAA man, a nice old man and a waitress at a diner named Bob's, my housemate Bekah and a very nice man at Flynn's Tire to get me back on the road. They actually blocked all three lanes of traffic for me so I could get to the median. People were honking their horns and I just waved. Good morning Pittsburgh! Check list of things that have gone wrong on my car since purchasing it 4 weeks ago: 1. Radiator blew 2. Battery fried 3. Ford Taurus sign fell off 4. Tire blew 5. Break light bulb smoldered I literally started laughing my head off in the waiting room of the tire store at the craziness at it all. The man that was sitting there waiting as well simply ignored me...he must of thought I was a lunatic worth avoiding at all cost. And then I had a pretty good day. I felt great all day. Especially when my supervisor came up to me and offered me a juice box made from pureed veggies. He said I needed to try it because they might order it for inventory and didn't want it to be funky tasting. Myself and my juice connoisseur coworker approved it. The building secretary gave me chocolate covered pretzels, score. Also, I got to witness this conversation between my supervisor and the other AmeriCorp guy: AmeriCorp Guy: "How come every time I pick up my phone its on speaker" Supervisory: "Let me call you from my line and we will figure it out" (Calls other line) AmeriCorp Guy: "See its on speaker!" Supervisor: "You have to pick up the phone to hear the other person through the receiver." I cracked up. No one else did. I did a lot of one single sided laughing today. Maybe I am a lunatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment